The photosynth above was created last weekend, half way up a cold and snowy mountain. It’s here as we hope to slowly incorporate mobile devices in fieldwork. One of the ways we wish to do this is by exploring and establishing the concept of Digital Leaders at Priory School. Much has been written about Digital Leaders and there is a useful gathering of links below.
The project here will be supported though our work with Creative Partnerships, and in particular James Byford. Taking the lead from the excellent work of Kristian Still and Dan Stucke, the recruitment process is due to go live in the New Year and will ask for digital applications. We intend to follow this up with an emersion event where we will explore the role of the group.
In order to get things started, we have created a set of overall missions that we’d like to work on that include:
- Identifying curriculum opportunities for mobile devices (esp BYOD)
- Undertaking a digital audit of the school and presenting it in a cool way
- Developing a range of workshops on social media and other topics for parents and community
- Helping drive the Olympic geocaching project
- Evaluating the student access to WiFi project.
We are also looking for support with the project in order to make it sustainable. This could be (if you’re in the Portsmouth area) a venue to meet at, or help in any other way. If you think you could contribute it would be great to hear from you. Email me at email@example.com or send me a Tweet.
Links that have been useful: